On Property Amenities
This is a complete list of commonly available amenities at Florida resorts. Private, indoor toilets and heated and air-conditioned living units are almost universally available and not included in this list. No resort offers everything on this list. Check the specific resort to see what is available.
- AAA APPROVED. The property meets or exceeds the American Automobile Association's minimum standards for listing in their Tour Book.
- BABYSITTING. The property offers qualified babysitters or will arrange for qualified babysitters. There is usually an additional cost.
- BALCONIES. Each unit has an exterior seating area, frequently screened.
- BBQ. Either gas-fired or charcoal barbecue grilles are available
for use by guests.
- BEACHFRONT. The property is directly adjacent to a beach suitable for sunning and swimming and usually walking.
- BED & BREAKFAST The property offers a full breakfast with no additional charge.
- BICYCLES. The property offers bicycles for the use of guests. There may be an additional cost.
- BOATS. The property offers dockage or boat rental.
- BREAKFAST. The property offers, at least, a continental breakfast consisting of cold cereal, sweet rolls, juice, coffee, and tea.
- CABLE TV. The property has television sets in each unit with access to multiple channels via cable or satellite. There may be an additional cost for some programs or channels.
- CAR RENTAL. The property has on-site facilities to arrange for rental automobiles.
- CEILING FANS Individual rooms are equiped with permanent, ceiling-mounted electric fans.
- CHILD PLAY AREA. The property has a designated child's play area. Generally, there is no cost and no supervision.
- CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. The property offers a limited breakfast with no additional cost.
- CURRENCY EXCHANGE. The property offers to exchange
many foreign currencies for US funds.
- DIVE PACKAGES. The property participates in programs which include SCUBA diving trips and or instruction.
- FANS Individual rooms are equiped with permanent, ceiling-mounted electric fans
- FAX. The property has a fax machine on premises. There is usually a fee for both incoming and outgoing faxes.
- FISHING. Guests may fish without leaving the property. (Almost all Florida resort properties are located near some sort of fishing.)
- FISHING PACKAGES. The property participates in programs which include fishing trips aboard chartered fishing boats.
- GOLF. The property is located on or within a golf course. (Almost all Florida properties are located within a few minutes drive of a golf course.)
- GOLF PACKAGES. The property offers special packages which include green's fees and or instruction at near-by golf courses.
- HANDICAPPED. The property offers one or more units which
meet federal specification requirements for handicapped.
- ICE MACHINE. At least one ice machine is located on-property
for use by guests.
- JACUZZI OR SPA. The property has at least one whirlpool or Jacuzzi for use by guests. Some have private Jacuzzi tubs within units.
- KITCHEN. Individual units have minimally: stove, refrigerator and utensils for preparing and serving meals.
- LAUNDRY. The property offers either no cost or for-a-fee
laundry facilities for guests.
- LOUNGE. Beer, wine and liquor are available by the glass in at least one location on the property.
- MICROWAVE. Most or all units are equipped with microwave ovens or they may be rented for a small charge.
Individuals with heart pacemakers should avoid being in the presence of an operating microwave.
- NO-SMOKING UNITS. The property offers rooms or units designated as no smoking areas.
- PETS. 'Pets" or "pets allowed" designates that dogs and cats are allowed in rooms. There may be some limitations on the size of the animal. Please check with individual properties.
- REFRIGERATOR. The property offers individual refrigerators in most units.
- RESTAURANT. The property has at least one full-service restaurant located on-property.
- ROOM SERVICE. The property has staff who will bring food and other items to individual units. There is almost always an addition cost for this service and the wait staff expects a tip.
- SAFE. The property offers either individual safes in each unit or has a central safe for the storage of guest's valuables.
- SHUFFLEBOARD. One or more shuffleboard courts are on property grounds.
- SPA OR JACUZZI. The property has at least one whirlpool or Jacuzzi for use by guests. Some have private Jacuzzi tubs within units.
- SWIMMING POOL. The property has at least one swimming pool for the use of guests. In the case of individual homes, some may not have a pool, but the vast majority do. However, most beachfront homes do not have a swimming pool.
- TELEPHONE. The property has telephone(s) for guest use, usually in each unit. There may be a cost for local and long distance calls.
- TENNIS. The property has one or more tennis courts on site. There may be a cost for the usage of the courts. (Almost all Florida properties are located within a few minutes drive of a tennis court.)
- TENNIS PACKAGES. The property offers special packages which include court time and or instruction.
- VCR. Video recorder/play-back VHS units are available at the property. There may be some charge for their use. Often video tapes are also available on-site.
- WASHER/DRYER. Each unit has a private clothes washer and a clothes dryer.
- WATERFRONT. The property is directly adjacent to a significant body of water.
- WORKOUT. The property maintains an area equipped with weight training machines or other exercise activities.
USE BACK TO RETURN
© Copyright 1995 by Destinations Florida Marketing, Inc., Naples Florida, USA
If any problems please notify us or see our disclaimer.